Python OS Project (POP) created with idea to make a pure python OS. POP based on linux kernel (currently 2.6.32) and GNU userland utilities. A lot of utilities are already written, including base soft, like:
- Terminal emulator (POPemu)
- ls, ps, rm, cp, rmdir, mkdir, clear, cat, tail, bzcat, zcat, cmp, mv, wget, top, etc.
- Installer (Python+some utilities in C)
- mplayer frontend
- mpd and moc frontends
- Web-server (based on http://cherrypy.org/) (POPweb)
- Jabber and ICQ client (POPim)
- Simple raster graphics editor
- PDF, djvu viewer
- Python games
- and many others
We think, that OS, written in simple interpreted language, like python, allows us to dominate desktop operating systems market.
Third-party tools (Python)
- Wm - qtile
- Image viewer
- BitTorrent client
- Text editor
- Other widely used python software, such as mirage, gajim, etc.
- Web browser
- Office - DONE (In beta version)
- Linux Kernel
- Dominate desktop OS market!
We are looking for:
- Python coders, testers.
- Hardware for POP repositories
comments powered by Disqus